By Ashraf M. Salama,Florian Wiedmann
Read or Download Demystifying Doha: On Architecture and Urbanism in an Emerging City PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
Dialogues in city and local making plans, quantity four is a variety of a few of the simplest scholarship in city and neighborhood making plans from around the globe. The the world over famous authors of those award-winning papers soak up a variety of salient concerns from the idea and perform of making plans. the themes they deal with contain making plans and governance in Zimbabwe, rebuilding after typhoon Katrina, issues of safety in city areas, and an research of French transportation guidelines.
In Making the second one Ghetto, Arnold Hirsch argues that during the post-depression years Chicago used to be a "pioneer in constructing thoughts and units" for housing segregation. Hirsch indicates that the felony framework for the nationwide city renewal attempt used to be cast within the warmth generated by means of the racial struggles waged on Chicago's South facet.
The thematic venture ‘New Orleans within the Atlantic global’ used to be deliberate instantly after typhoon Katrina and specializes in what meteorologists have constantly identified: the city’s id and future belong to the wider Caribbean and Atlantic worlds as maybe no different American urban does. Balanced precariously among land and sea, the city’s geohistory has consistently interwoven varied cultures, languages, peoples, and economies.
This booklet provides a compendium of the city format maps of 2-mile sq. downtown components of multiple hundred towns in built and constructing countries—all drawn on the related scale utilizing high-resolution satellite tv for pc photographs of Google Maps. The publication additionally offers analytic reviews utilizing metric geometrical, topological (or network), and fractal measures of those maps.
- Sociable Cities: The 21st-Century Reinvention of the Garden City (Planning, History and Environment Series)
- Engineering Geology for Society and Territory - Volume 8: Preservation of Cultural Heritage
- Moving Millions: Transport Strategies for Sustainable Development in Megacities: 14 (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries)
- What Planners Do: Power, Politics, and Persuasion
- Green Gentrification: Urban sustainability and the struggle for environmental justice (Routledge Equity, Justice and the Sustainable City series)
Extra info for Demystifying Doha: On Architecture and Urbanism in an Emerging City