By Sumantra Bose
Read Online or Download Contested Lands: Israel-Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia, Cyprus and Sri Lanka PDF
Best war & peace books
In a global torn by way of political strife, mediation and clash solution provide desire for worldwide balance. This well timed booklet examines the peace methods in Northern eire, the place a peace negotiation has been enacted, and the center East, a area nonetheless short of peace. starting with a assessment of the literature and conception correct to peace and clash reviews, the textual content bargains transparent, nuanced motives of the Northern eire technique, together with the way it used to be kept, and the Oslo peace strategy of the center East.
Over thousand years in the past, solar Tzu wrote The paintings of warfare. In today’s fight to forestall struggle, terrorism, and different international difficulties, West element graduate Paul okay. Chappell bargains new and useful recommendations in his pioneering e-book, The paintings of Waging Peace. by way of sharing his personal own struggles with formative years trauma, racism, and berserker rage, Chappell explores the anatomy of battle and peace, giving ideas, strategies, and management ideas to solve internal and outer clash.
This ebook offers a complete evaluation of the point of view and techniques to Afghan protection taken by means of the states bordering and in shut proximity to Afghanistan, and the transnational dynamics that interconnect those states with Afghanistan and one another.
István Bibó (1911–1979) used to be a Hungarian attorney, political philosopher, prolific essayist, and minister of kingdom for the Hungarian nationwide executive in the course of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. This magisterial compendium of Bibó’s essays introduces English-speaking audiences to the writings of 1 of the major theorists and psychologists of twentieth-century ecu politics and tradition.
- Nasser's Peace: Egypt’s Response to the 1967 War with Israel
- Post-War Security Transitions: Participatory Peacebuilding after Asymmetric Conflicts (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Explorations in Reconciliation: New Directions in Theology
- Political Insults: How Offenses Escalate Conflict
- Bottom-Up Politics: An Agency-Centred Approach to Globalization
- Beyond Social Capital: The Role of Leadership, Trust and Government Policy in Northern Ireland's Victim Support Groups (Palgrave Studies in Compromise after Conflict)
Additional resources for Contested Lands: Israel-Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia, Cyprus and Sri Lanka