By Aaron W. Warner,Mathew Forstater,Sumner Rosen,Robert Heilbroner
Read or Download Commitment to Full Employment: Macroeconomics and Social Policy in Memory of William S.Vickrey (Columbia University Seminar Series) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
The Russian revolution of 1917 was once a defining occasion of the 20 th century, and its achievements and screw ups stay debatable within the twenty-first. This ebook specializes in the retreat from the revolution’s goals in 1920–24, after the civil battle and first and foremost of the recent monetary coverage – and in particular, at the turbulent courting among the operating category and the Communist celebration in these years.
During this publication, Bryant Simon brings to existence the politics of white South Carolina millhands throughout the first half the 20 th century. His revealing and relocating account explores how this team of southern employees considered and took part in politics and public strength. Taking a wide view of politics, Simon appears at workers as they engaged in political job in lots of venues--at the polling station, on entrance porches, and at the store floor--and examines their political involvement on the neighborhood, kingdom, and nationwide degrees.
This ground-breaking examine modern immigrant exertions organizing and mobilization attracts on player statement, ethnographic interviews, historic records, and new case experiences of 3 organizing drives. The specialist participants supply tangible proof of immigrants' eagerness for collective motion and organizing.
British alternate Unions this present day examines why a wide percent of the British inhabitants belongs to a exchange union, how they do it, what they count on from their unions, and the way the exchange union stream impacts their fellow electorate. The authors are complete time alternate union officers and this account derives from their own adventure and shut remark.
- The European Social Model and Transitional Labour Markets: Law and Policy (Studies in Modern Law and Policy)
- Transnational Labour Migration, Remittances and the Changing Family in Asia (Anthropology, Change, and Development)
- Opportunity Denied: Limiting Black Women to Devalued Work
- Reconnecting Markets: Innovative Global Practices in Connecting Small-Scale Producers with Dynamic Food Markets (Gower Sustainable Food Chains Series)
- Reframing Randolph: Labor, Black Freedom, and the Legacies of A. Philip Randolph (Culture, Labor, History)
- Solidarity with Solidarity: Western European Trade Unions and the Polish Crisis, 1980–1982 (The Harvard Cold War Studies Book Series)
Extra info for Commitment to Full Employment: Macroeconomics and Social Policy in Memory of William S.Vickrey (Columbia University Seminar Series)