By James E. Goodby
Read or Download At the Borderline of Armageddon: How American Presidents Managed the Atom Bomb PDF
Best government books
Country and native governments emerged as very important curiosity teams within the Sixties, as that decade witnessed a fast growth of federal social courses administered on the nation and native degrees. The Seventies and Eighties have been individual via makes an attempt to provide states and localities extra accountability over such courses.
Over the last twenty years, book-length analyses of politics in Southeast Asia, like these addressing different elements of the constructing global, have targeted heavily on democratic switch, election occasions, and establishment construction. yet lately, democracy’s fortunes have ebbed within the zone. within the Philippines, the progenitor of ‘people power’, democracy has been decreased via electoral dishonest and gross human rights violations.
Making feel of Saudi Arabia is crucially very important this day. The kingdom's western province comprises the guts of Islam, and it's the usa' closest Arab best friend and the biggest manufacturer of oil on the earth. even if, the rustic is present process fast switch: its elderly management is ceding energy to a brand new iteration, and its society, ruled via teens, is restive.
Because the Presidential election of 2008, there was a development of liberal-progressive americans to distance themselves from every little thing that has made the US the main profitable test in govt the area has ever identified, and actually to even query what conservative americans name "American Exceptionalism".
- Transforming America: Politics and Culture During the Reagan Years
- The Craft of Public Administration
- Electing the House: The Adoption and Performance of the U.S. Single-Member District Electoral System
- ASAP U.S. Government & Politics: A Quick-Review Study Guide for the AP Exam (College Test Preparation)
- The Legislator's Companion
- The United States, Iraq and the Kurds: Shock, Awe and Aftermath (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy)
Extra resources for At the Borderline of Armageddon: How American Presidents Managed the Atom Bomb