By K. Butler
Read Online or Download A Critical Humanitarian Intervention Approach (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies) PDF
Best war & peace books
In an international torn by means of political strife, mediation and clash answer provide wish for worldwide balance. This well timed e-book examines the peace approaches in Northern eire, the place a peace negotiation has been enacted, and the center East, a sector nonetheless wanting peace. starting with a evaluation of the literature and conception proper to peace and clash reports, the textual content bargains transparent, nuanced factors of the Northern eire technique, together with the way it was once stored, and the Oslo peace strategy of the center East.
Over thousand years in the past, solar Tzu wrote The artwork of struggle. In today’s fight to forestall warfare, terrorism, and different worldwide difficulties, West aspect graduate Paul okay. Chappell bargains new and functional ideas in his pioneering booklet, The artwork of Waging Peace. via sharing his personal own struggles with adolescence trauma, racism, and berserker rage, Chappell explores the anatomy of battle and peace, giving suggestions, strategies, and management rules to solve internal and outer clash.
This booklet offers a accomplished review of the viewpoint and techniques to Afghan defense taken by means of the states bordering and in shut proximity to Afghanistan, and the transnational dynamics that interconnect those states with Afghanistan and one another.
István Bibó (1911–1979) was once a Hungarian legal professional, political philosopher, prolific essayist, and minister of country for the Hungarian nationwide govt in the course of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. This magisterial compendium of Bibó’s essays introduces English-speaking audiences to the writings of 1 of the major theorists and psychologists of twentieth-century ecu politics and tradition.
- Fighting Over Peace: Spoilers, Peace Agreements, and the Strategic Use of Violence (Rethinking Political Violence)
- Sex, Slavery and the Trafficked Woman: Myths and Misconceptions about Trafficking and its Victims (Gender in a Global/Local World)
- Peacebuilding and Spatial Transformation: Peace, Space and Place (Studies in Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding)
- Reintegration of Ex-Combatants After Conflict: Participatory Approaches in Sierra Leone and Liberia (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Peace is Everybody's Business: A Strategy for Conflict Prevention
- The League of Nations and the Organization of Peace (Seminar Studies)
Extra resources for A Critical Humanitarian Intervention Approach (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)